When it’s cold outside, we crave a good, long braise. So let’s look at some classic recipes for braising, shall we?
1. Rabbit. This Irish recipe by the inimitable Colman Andrews has hard cider in the braising liquid. Which is also really nice for drinking while your rabbit simmers.
2. Osso buco. We’ve got lamb, veal and venison osso buco on sale. This classic Italian recipe is for veal osso buco, but we encourage you to play with the other types.
3. Duck. You may not think of duck as a braising meat, but Daniel Boulud knows best. When it comes to duck legs, he browns then braises. That would go for rabbit or guinea hen legs, too.
4. Beef short ribs. We love to sink our teeth into some tender short ribs. It doesn’t get better than this recipe from Aliya Leekong.
5. Lamb shanks. The Lobel Brothers know their way around a shank. These Persian-style lamb shanks are fragrant with turmeric, cinnamon and cardamom.