Are you craving potato hash with eggs for breakfast? We know the feeling. Our recipe layers in the flavor, with duck fat fried crispy potatoes and spicy chorizo to take it over the top. Read on for our super-easy recipe that’s sure to satisfy the heartiest of appetites, at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Shop for sausage at dartagnan.com and make something great for breakfast.
Chorizo & Potato Hash with Eggs Recipe
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, ½” dice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Coarse salt
- 3 links Chorizo Sausage, ½” dice
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Duck Fat
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced, for serving (optional)
- Cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- To a medium pot add potatoes, enough water to cover them by 2 inches, vinegar, and about a tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 5 minutes after the boil. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and cook until a decent amount of fat has rendered and sausage is browned and crisp. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. Place pan back on the heat and add onion to the rendered fat. Remove onions with a slotted spoon and add to the reserved chorizo.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and to the same skillet add duck fat (the secret to getting perfectly crispy, golden brown potatoes) to the chorizo fat and heat until shimmering. Add the drained potatoes and cook, turning occasionally, until they’re golden brown and crisp on all sides, about 15 minutes. Stir in paprika, cumin, and chili powder and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cook until mixture is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chorizo and onion mixture, toss to combine. Place the skillet in the warm oven while you cook the eggs to your liking. (A soft yolk is key here, so we recommend over-easy, poached, or sunny side up.)
- Garnish hash with cilantro and avocado. Top with eggs. Serve immediately with salsa on the side.
Since 1985, D’Artagnan has been at the forefront of the farm-to-table movement, producing superior tasting products by partnering with small ranches and farms. We are committed to free-range, natural production, sustainable and humane farming practices and no use of antibiotics or hormones. That’s why D’Artagnan products have been revered by America’s most renowned chefs for over 30 years. We offer the same high-quality products to home cooks at dartagnan.com, along with recipes and guides to help you live the tasty life.
Are you a business looking to serve or sell D’Artagnan? We invite both chefs and food retailers to reach out and become D’Artagnan customers.