… their love for duck fat potatoes. And we don’t blame them. This week the most shared recipe on our website is a simple but good one: Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes.
Have you tried them yet? What’s stopping you?
Duck fat is one of those little secrets in the kitchen. Some say it’s better than butter, or even bacon. Duck fat offers a rich, silky mouth feel that transforms whatever it touches, without an overpowering flavor of its own.
The high smoke point of duck fat makes it a chef favorite. And unlike butter or olive oil, duck fat can be recycled. For convenience, duck fat stores in the freezer for quite a long time.
Top Five Reasons to Roast Potatoes in Duck Fat
- It’s so easy. Using the most basic ingredients you get the most tasty results.
- Crispy skin. The whole reason to roast them is to get that crunch.
- Better for you. Duck fat is nature’s answer to canola oil. Eat real food!
- The creamy center. The creamiest potato since mashed potatoes.
- Match made in heaven. Whether fried or roasted, potatoes and duck fat are the perfect pair.
Are you a fan of duck fat? Tell us how you use it right here … or talk to us on social media. Tag @dartgnanfoods on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Check our duck fat recipes for more ways to cook with duck fat.