When the temperatures cool a bit we all head back into the kitchen to crank up the oven. That must be why these duck fat roasted potatoes are the most shared recipe of the week at dartagnan.com. Well, that and the fact that the recipe is super simple to make and yields incredible results. If you haven’t tried roasting potatoes in duck fat yet, this is the time.
Golden and crispy on the outside with creamy interiors, these flavorful pommes des terre will make any dinner special. And what a perfect dish for weekend cooking. You can double the batch and you’ll have leftovers for dinner on Monday night. Read on for the recipe.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2” chunks
- Kosher salt
- White vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Duck Fat, softened
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Placed potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a few tablespoons of salt and a splash of vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and par-cook until exteriors are just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon duck fat over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Don’t worry about rough, slightly broken up edges – they’ll yield crispy results!
- Spread potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Roast until evenly golden brown and cooked through, about 35 – 40 minutes, flipping once at the midway point. Serve hot.