It’s July 18th, so that means it’s National Caviar Day! Break out the bubbly!
Did you know that D’Artagnan has caviar? Our Ossetra Malossol Caviar is from a state-of-the-art French aqua farm and is raised in an ecologically responsible manner. You can learn about our caviar here.
Read on for our top 5 ways to eat caviar … on National Caviar Day or any day.
Top 5 Ways to Eat Caviar
Caviar is best when enjoyed simply – atop a round of brioche toast, blini or steamed baby red potato, with or without a dollop of crème fraîche. Once opened, it is best to eat caviar quickly, as it does not have a long shelf life.
1. On duck fat potato chips, AKA gaufrettes. With crème frâiche, of course.
2. With creamy cauliflower mousse in little egg cups. Great textural experience.
3. Spooned onto dainty quail eggs that have been deviled.
4. Atop scrambled eggs that have been put back into the egg shell. The eggs can also be served on a porcelain spoon.
5. The classic: on a teeny blini with crème frâiche. These pancakes are simply perfect for caviar.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy the delicacy of caviar? Head to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag @dartagnanfoods to let us know.