When it comes to serving an impressive meal, whether for a holiday or a celebration, this Wagyu beef prime rib roast will be there for you.
Little embellishment is needed for this gorgeous rib roast – just salt, pepper, and a very hot oven. Starting the roast at a high temperature will create a beautiful crust which will add tremendous flavor and seal in the juices. Cooked to medium-rare, this Wagyu prime rib is melt-in-your-mouth tender. It should serve 6 to 10 people, depending on whether you get a 3- or 4-rib roast. And how hungry the people are.
Wagyu beef rib roast, 3 or 4 bone
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Remove the roast from the refrigerator about 1 hour prior to cooking.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Generously season the meat on all sides with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place roast fat side up in a rack on a shallow pan. Roast for 25 minutes.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to roast for about 15 minutes per pound, or until an instant read thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 130 – 140 degrees F, for a medium-rare center.
5. Allow the roast to rest on a cutting board for at least 15 minutes before carving. Spoon warm pan drippings over, if desired.